Shine Hairdressing opened its doors in September 2001.
The Director Samantha Cunningham wanted to create an environment for customers to feel at ease and relax with the reassurance of being in safe and knowledgeable hands of experienced fully qualified hairdressers and barbers.
We have grown our customer base from student’s and staff at the University to our neighbours in the local area and beyond.
Our commitment to delivering quality hairdressing starts with training. Many of our Apprentices who have trained and worked at our salon have gone on to be salon owners, Managers and Directors themselves.
Samantha has been in the Hairdressing and Barbering industry for over 25 years and understands the importance of solid foundation training. Having successfully trained and mentored young people over many years in further education as a teacher as well as a private training provider has now opened a “new concept” training school alongside the salon.
Southampton School of Hairdressing and Barbering opened in September 2015!!
"Our industry is constantly evolving and we know as professionals the importance of staying current, to ensure our students have fresh and creative skills to become industry ready"
We are currently running a variety of courses our awarding body is VTCT world class qualification
- NVQ Diplomas level two and three in Hairdressing and barbering full and part time
- Intermediate and advanced courses Introduction to barbering (one Day with certification)
- Refresher courses for industry qualified hairdresser and barber
- Beginner to barber and beginner to hairdresser
- Apprenticeships available for school leavers with a work based placement
Come and experience what we have to offer, book your appointment today!